ORNL FEDERAL CREDIT UNION’S ONLINE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Online Privacy Notice (“Notice”) applies to this ORNL Federal Credit Union online interface (i.e. website or mobile application) and any online interface that links to the Notice. ORNL Federal Credit Union is committed to protecting your personal and financial information provided to us at all times. This Notice describes how information is collected by and through ORNL Federal Credit Union’s website(s), mobile application(s), and other online interfaces, (collectively, our “Sites”) including the information gathered from our website at https://www.ornlfcu.com, and how that information may be used or shared. For purposes of this Notice, the terms “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to ORNL Federal Credit Union. The terms “you”, “your” and “yours” refer to any natural person who accesses or uses our Sites for personal, family, or household purposes. By using or accessing our Sites, you confirm your agreement to the terms of this Notice as may be in effect at that time.
Protecting Children’s Privacy Online
ORNL Federal Credit Union’s Sites are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals not provide Personal Information through the Sites. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 without parental consent. Visit the Federal Trade Commission website for more information about the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
By accessing or otherwise using https://www.ornlfcu.com, as well as any mobile application or interface, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Notice and the associated Terms of Service. You expressly consent to the collection, usage and processing of your Personal Information and Anonymous Information according to this Privacy Notice. Personal Information means any information that we collect or use by or through our Sites that identifies you personally, and “Anonymous Information” means information that we collect or use by or through our Sites that does not identify you personally or contain personal identifiers about you. Examples of Personal Information include your name, telephone number and address. Examples of Anonymous Information include information about your mobile device, your web browser, and your operating system.
How We Collect and Use Anonymous Information
We may also use the information collected for internal statistical purposes or to send you communications about products and services you have requested or may have indicated potential interest.
How We Collect and Use Personal Information
- Information we receive from you on applications, emails, or other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us and our affiliates;
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency; and
- Information that is generated electronically when you visit our website or use our online financial services.
- To respond to your inquiries and requests, and to send you notifications.
- To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding the Site and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To complete and fulfill your applications for our products and services and to deliver and perform such products and services, to execute inquiries and transactions you have requested, to communicate with you regarding products and services you have obtained from us, and to provide you with related customer service.
- To verify your identity or location for security purposes.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To personalize your experience on the Site by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- As you agree, authorize, or consent in agreements, terms, and conditions you agree to or accept in connection with products and services you obtain from us.
- For our business purposes, including (but not limited to) such purposes as (i) data analysis, (ii) audits, (iii) fraud monitoring and prevention, (iv) new product development, (v) enhancing, improving or modifying our products and services, (vi) identifying usage trends, (vii) determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and (viii) operating and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate (i) under applicable law, (ii) to comply with legal process and otherwise to comply with applicable laws, rules, and regulations, (iii) to respond to lawful requests from public and government authorities, (iv) to enforce our terms and conditions, (v) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates, (vi) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others, and (vii) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Other Uses of Information Collected
- To allow you to utilize features within our Site by granting us access to information from your device(s) such as contact lists or geo-location when you request certain services.
- For risk control, fraud detection and prevention, to comply with laws and regulations; and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements;
We do not disclose any information about our current Members, former Members, and/or website visitors to anyone, except as permitted or required by law. We do not sell any of your Personal Information.
How Personal Information is Shared
Links to Other Websites
For your convenience, we may provide links to third-party sites. If you follow links to websites not affiliated or controlled by the Credit Union, you should review the privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions, as theirs may be different from ours. We do not guarantee and are not responsible for the privacy or security of these sites, including the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of their information. ORNL Federal Credit Union is not responsible for the content of linked sites and does not represent either the third party or you, the Member, if you enter into a transaction.
To protect Personal Information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with applicable law and regulations. ORNL FCU and our Service Providers have developed strict policies and procedures to safeguard your Member Information. Our policies require confidential treatment of your personal information. We have established training programs to educate our employees about the importance of Member privacy and to help ensure compliance with our policy requirements. Furthermore, ORNL FCU and our Service Providers maintain strong physical, electronic and procedural controls to protect against unauthorized access to Member information.
About Geolocation Information
ORNL Federal Credit Union’s online app vendor collects, transmits, and uses Precise Location and Coarse Location. This information is collected to store Visit Information, like the latitude and longitude of the user where the event occurred. There are two different ways in which this data is being used; the first way is through Data Used to Track You, as Location data would be used for tracking purposes. Each time a user breaches a geofence with While in Use permissions or anytime Always permissions are turned on this would fall under the category of Data Used to Track You. Secondly, both Location and Identifier data fall under the category of Data Linked to You, because Visit data is stored for purposes of internal marketing, latitude & longitude, alongside a unique identifier is captured for the user. The End User can change his/her/their location permissions at any time in their device settings.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice is subject to change. Please review it periodically. If we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the bottom of this Notice. Any changes to this Notice will become effective when we post the revised Notice on the website. Your use of the website following these changes means that you accept the revised Notice.